Since we enjoy whole roasted chicken often at our home once a week, we get multiple meals from one bird. We usually eat chicken as a whole bird one or two nights and then turn the rest into soup, stew or...
chicken and noodles. YUM!
While the egg noodles aren't perfect looking, they are delicious! Egg noodles can be put together pretty quickly, and require only a few ingredients.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg
- 5 T water
- some salt
1. Dump the flour on the counter/table/workspace and make a well in the center.
2. Add the wisked (Is that a word?!) yolk/egg/salt and water into the well center.
3. Combine the pile until you get something that will roll. *This is probably the step I still haven't perfected yet.
4. Roll it out and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. This gives you time to go take the meat off them bones simmering in the pot!
5. Once they feel dry, cut the noodles to the desired length.
6. When your broth is boiling, add your noodles. They will only take about 6 minutes to cook if you just made them! Give them a taste to know if they are done!
I spared the details of the making soup part and stuck to sharing with you how to make noodles. You can use these in a variety of ways!
Head to our Garden and Orchard page (or Facebook) to get large brown eggs and a meat bird from us!